Monday, March 16, 2009

Update: Kate went to the pediatrician today

Just a quick update - Kate went to the pediatrician today for her (late!) 15 month checkup appointment (she's nearly 16 months, but we were delayed.) It worked out great w/ the timing - last week she finished off her antibiotics for her first ear infection, but things started to turn downhill this weekend. Turns out, she didn't get enough antibiotics last time (missed a sinus infection that was w/ the ear infection), so while the antibiotics had started to work they weren't sufficient to get the job all the way done. Now she's on a heavier dose of a different one, so we're praying that she feels better again in no time. On a good note, she it still at the "top of her class", and is a VERY tall 33" and big 29 lbs! She is in the top 97% percentile on both of these, and has stayed steadily there since the day she was born. Kip & I are both above average in height, so I guess she'll be a tall girl. (volleyball or basketball, anyone??) She also has her momma's big honkin' feet, so she might be regretting that someday when she wants to wear cute heels to the prom. Oh well! She's keeping the shoe companies in business as we run through pairs.

Hope everyone is well - drop me a note or comment on here sometime!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update - expect to hear that Kate is back to normal soon. 33" tall - I can visualize her height with a yardstick! She is a joy and a blessing.

Karrie said...

Well...she's officially passed the schnitz in weight! Better start shoveling it in...peope are going to think I don't feed the poor child!:-)

Hope she's feeling better soon!

The Mama said...

I've never had to worry about that thanks to my daughter's never-changing pot-belly. It's cute... for now!! But it makes her shirts all look like 'belly shirts' & I had to buy her jumbo size shirts to cover up her big belly - kind of like a pregnant person! :) Modesty, is important - even for little girls! :) (Except for the cute naked pictures I take of her, lol!)